I’m not much of a meme-girl. In fact, this will be my first ever meme. I’m doing it because it’s a simple one, and because Jenny, of Read.Imagine.Talk. asked me to, and she seems nice and she says she reads my blog all the time and therefore she is lovely.
Here’s the deal:
- The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.
- Each player answers the questions about themselves.
- At the end of the post, the player then tags five people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read the player’s blog.
- Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.
What were you doing five years ago?
I was just at the tail end of my job as a pastry assistant in a very chic pastry shop here in the city. I was pretty much done with the seemingly bottomless grouchiness of my boss and was happily getting set to head off to NYC to take a course in artisanal bread-making. I was living with my guy. I had a 2-year old terrier and a 5-year old Siamese. I dreamed of opening my own pastry shop. Life was opening up to new possibilities.
What are five things on your to-do list for today (not in any particular order)?
1. Walk the hound (a couple of times).
2. Finish reading Jellaby.
3. Try not to eat more of those mini chocolate bars I hid from myself in the cupboard.
4. Teach small children stuff.
5. Mark. Mark. Mark. And then mark more.
What are five snacks you enjoy?
2. Tamari almonds
3. Cheese bread
4. Dark chocolate
5. Homemade granola
What five things would you do if you were a billionaire?
(not in order of action folks!)
1. Open a children’s bookstore.
2. Pay off the mortgage (OK boring, yes, but true).
3. Give money away to family, friends and causes I believe in.
4. Buy an apartment in Paris down the street from my favourite café in the world.
5. Fix my lawn, and my back sliding doors, and my front porch, and our windows and… and…
What are five of your bad habits?
1. I’m not very cool-headed when I have a zillion things to do.
2. I can be a tad fiery (my Irish blood).
3. Eating cookies when I feel sad. (A bad habit for a former pastry chef who makes very, very yummy cookies).
4. Buying books when I feel sad. (A bad habit for a newish teacher who has many years and many courses to take before she moves to the top of the pay scale).
5. Compulsive worrying about big and small things.
What are five places where you have lived?
1. Schomberg, Ontario
2. Bolton, Ontario
3. Toronto, Ontario
4. New York City (but only for a few months)
What are five jobs you’ve had?
2. Pastry Chef
3. Chocolate Maker
5. Children’s Bookseller
Now… for my victims. I shall tag:
A Year of Reading
Welcome to my Tweendom
(Don’t feel you’ve got to ladies!)