1. Perfect summer morning spent wandering the neighborhood with the guy and the hound. First the park, then coffee, then getting a happy bunch of cherry pie roses all pretty in a vase for no reason at all.
2. After much, much controversy and important chatter in the kidlitosphere and in publishing land, Justine Larbalestier’s upcoming novel, Liar, finally gets the cover it deserves, and a gorgeous one at that.
3. Neil Gaiman says enough already with the vampire fiction.
4. The Talking Taters interview Justina, of readergirlz fame. Pure cuteness.
6. What say you to a little library-flavoured Ben & Jerry’s? As long as there is chocolate involved, I’m in.
9. So SO much buzz about Maggie Stiefvater’s Shiver, which debuted at #9 on the NYT Bestseller List. If Kelly Fineman likes it this much, then it must really be good. I will start reading today. I will also listen to the playlist Maggie made, that comes complete with when-to-listen instructions.
10. I kind of want to go to Chicago now. I would like to toss a Quaffle… wouldn’t you?